Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Short Pause!

While so high on caffeine and conversation... a sudden sharp stroke on the temple of my head revealed the bareness of the moment. It seemed as if nothing matterd at that moment, not even the lightness of body and soul... It was meant to be nothing! Heart was racing fast and I demanded silence with certainty as the solution... Realizing is rather impossible to demand such a thing in a place full with life and smoke and talk and coffee, I blocked my ears with my hands... Not fully deaf, I looked at excited faces with moving lips... Did they know something I didn't know? Was I excluded from their secret? Was I too naive to believe fantasies and delusions are the only truth? And if I was wrong, then what was the truth? Maybe there was no defined truth... As far as I was concerned, I could be carrying mine inside... and the guy next to me could have his! Then why forcing one's personal truth into the individual's or from a bigger perspective, into a nation's throat? Isn't that what politics and religion and so many other craps are all about? And somewhere in between the messy arguments over imaginary rights and wrongs, morality and colorful humanity, you realize the phoniness of it all... Out of ignorance or awareness, doesn't really make a difference, for the result is a blindfolded generation living in search of what is beyond things that they've been taught... And for nothingness is an active form of life!
So I put my hands down while silence surrounded my existence, and I took a deep breath of air filled with nothing at all.

No comments: